Triathlon America has announced the individual finalists for the Triathlete of the Year Awards and award categories for the first annual Triathlon America Awards Celebration.
See the press release below:
Triathlon America, an industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon, today announced individual finalists and award categories for the first annual Triathlon America Awards Celebration, presented by Active Network. The black tie Gala takes place on the final night of the Triathlon America Conference and will recognize and honor the best companies, programs and athletes in the triathlon industry in 2010.
Finalists in the following individual categories were released today and winners will be named at the event:
* Long Distance Male Triathlete of the Year – Chris McCormack, Michael Raelert, Andreas Raelert
* Long Distance Female Triathlete of the Year – Mirinda Carfrae, Julie Dibens, Chrissie Wellington
* Olympic Distance Male Triathlete of the Year – Alistair Brownlee, Javier Gomez, Filip Ospaly
* Olympic Distance Female Triathlete of the Year – Emma Moffatt, Lisa Nordén, Emma Snowsill
In additional to naming the Long and Olympic Distance Triathletes of the Year, Triathlon America will also reveal the winner of the Most Valuable Triathlete Award Worldwide (MVT). Considered the “Heisman” of the sport of triathlon, the MVT award honors the most outstanding triathlete of the season.
“This first of its kind awards event recognizing the prominent achievements made by the triathlon industry and the world’s best triathletes reflects the growing popularity and reach of the sport of triathlon,” said Jack Caress, president of Triathlon America. “The Triathlon America Awards Celebration, presented by Active Network, will honor those companies and individuals who have most contributed to the growth of the sport and industry.”
Industry and program award categories for the Triathlon America Awards Celebration, presented by Active Network, include:
* Retailers of the Year
* Best New Triathlon Product
* Most Creative Event Innovation
* Best Published Triathlon Photograph print or online
* Best Published Written Triathlon article print or online
Submissions and rankings were determined by the National Voting Panel (NVP) consisting of all Triathlon America founding members and 10 additional award panel members prominent within the industry including Triathlon icons Mark Allen, Dave Scott, Paula Newby-Fraser, Karen Smyers as well as NBC Today Show host Natalie Morales.
The first annual Triathlon America Conference will take place in La Jolla, Calif., Feb. 27 – March 1, 2011. Conference details and online registration are available at Triathlon-america.com.