Christchurch-based hosts of the New Zealand podcast IM Talk John Newsom and Bevan Eyles endured the devastating earthquake that struck Christchurch, New Zealand just over two weeks ago. In response to the tragedy, the two have set up an auction of triathlon-related items, with all proceeds going to help the victims of the earthquake.
See the complete announcement below:
With close to 200 deaths, thousands of residents being displaced from their homes and the central city more of less flattened to the ground, the region needs the help of the worldwide triathlon community.
“Whilst I suffered some significant damage to my home thankfully both Bevan and I did not loose any family or friends. We’ve now got a chance to do our part in helping our city slowly return to a new type of normality. Things will never quite be the same” comments Newsom.
With help from sponsors, race organizers, friends of the show and world champion athletes such as Chrissie Wellington, Craig Alexander, Terenzo Bozzone and Bevan Docherty, a number of auctions have been set up on E-Bay. The auctions commence on Wednesday, March 9 and close one week later
All items can be shipped anywhere in the world with shipping included in the auction price.
Auction items include:
– Chrissie Wellington’s Record Breaking Shoes from Ironman Arizona
– Craig Alexander’s race suit along with a #1 Race number (bike) from the 2010 World Championships
– Bevan Docherty’s Jacket from the Melbourne Commonwealth Games and a Beijing Olympics singlet
– NZ champion women’s package: Sam Warriner’s Helmet Rudy Project Helmet from Ironman NZ last weekend, Andrea Hewitt’s ITU race kit, Gina Crawford’s race kit from her win at Ironman Wisconsin
– Yvonne Van Vlerkin’s: White Skinfit-Tri Suit , Rudy Project Wingspan TT-Helmet, Rudy Project Noyz Racing Pro
– Rachel Joyce’s Abu Dhabi bike kit
– Entries into: Every Challenge Series Race around the World (12 races in total), Hood to Coast Relay – 30th Anniversary!, Vineman 70.3, Monster Middle Distance Triathlon, Ely
– IM Talk Packages: IM Talk Bike Jersey, Blue Seventy Axis Wetsuit, Newton Shoes thanks DCM Sport, Coffees of Hawaii prize pack, DVD Documentary “Going Long, Going Hard”, Salt Stick or Xlab or O2 Creations
Any businesses or champion athletes who would like to support Christchurch can contact John Newsom via IM Talk IMtalk.me and a second round of auctions may take place.
A special thanks to all the business and individuals that have offered items for these auctions. Your generosity is truly appreciated in this difficult time.
FILED UNDER: News TAGS: Bevan Docherty / Chrissie Wellington / christchurch auction / christchurch earqthquake / Craig Alexander / ebay auction / Terenzo Bozzone / triathlon auction / triathlon community