Yesterday it was announced that seven-time Tour De Frace winner Lance Armstrong is being investigated by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. Because of the investigation, the World Triathlon Corporation (owners of Ironman) has said Armstrong is ineligible to compete in their events.
Armstrong had competed in five half-Ironman events, winning two of them, and had planned on racing in June 24’s Ironman France triathlon. A podium finish there would likely have earned him enough points to qualify for October’s Ironman World Championship.
We want to know, what’s your take on the situation?
- Lance Armstrong Faces Doping Charges From USADA
- Photos: Lance Armstrong Storms The Big Island
- Exclusive Interview – Lance Armstrong: Back On Top
- Photos: Lance Armstrong Wins Ironman 70.3 Florida
- Video: Lance Armstrong Talks 70.3 Race Tactics
– Video: Lance Armstrong’s Race Prep
– Pro Bike: Lance Armstrong’s Trek Speed Concept
– A Conversation With Lance Armstrong