Six leaders within the United States multi-sport community were elected to positions on various International Triathlon Union committees Monday at the 25th annual ITU Congress in Auckland, New Zealand.
See the announcement from USA Triathlon below:
The Americans selected in the 2012 ITU Committee Elections include:
* Constitution Committee: Gale Bernhardt (Loveland, Colo.)
* Medical and Anti-Doping Committee: Dr. Doug Hiller (Kamuela, Hawaii)
* Multisport Committee: Jeff Dyrek (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
* Paratriathlon Committee: Jon Beeson (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
* Technical Committee: Joyce Donaldson (Sylvania, Ohio)
* Women’s Committee: Susan Haag (Jacksonville, Fla.)
In addition, Marisol Casado of Spain was re-elected as President of ITU, earning another four-year term. Loreen Barnett of Canada also won another four-year term after being re-elected as Secretary General of ITU, ensuring that ITU remains the only International Federation in the Olympic Games with women at the top two leadership roles. Visit Triathlon.org for a complete recap of the elections.
In all, 109 National Federations were represented at the 25th ITU Congress, held at the Viaduct Events Center in Auckland. The ITU Congress closed a highly successful week at the Grand Final of the 2012 ITU World Triathlon Series. The U.S. earned 48 medals and 13 world titles over the course of four days of competition in Auckland.