Former NFL Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward completed his first half-Ironman at yesterday’s Ironman 70.3 Kansas triathlon in Lawrence, Kan. He completed the 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike and 13.1-mile run in a time of 5:53:18 with his coach Paula Newby-Fraser there to cheer him on. Ward competed in Kansas as part of his preparation for this fall’s Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii. He is taking on triathlon with the Refuel Got Chocolate Milk? Become One team.
More on Hines Ward’s journey in triathlon:
- Hines Ward Takes On Triathlon: First Time On The Road
- Hines Ward Talks About First Triathlon
- Hines Ward Takes On Triathlon: Meeting The Coach
- Photos: Hines Ward Competes At Seal Sprint Triathlon
- Hines Ward Takes On Triathlon: Meeting The Team