Great Britain’s Richie Nicolls and Eimar Mullan earned the victories at Sunday’s Ironman 70.3 U.K. in Wimbleball, England.
Nicholls beat out a trio of well-known British triathletes by blazing through the swim in 24:01, the bike in 2:32:49 and the run in 1:14:39. He crossed the finish line in 4:15:04 to easily take the victory. Tim Don (GBR) finished second with Fraser Cartmell (GBR) rounding out the podium.
Mullan posted a swim of 29:00, a bike of 2:55:08 and a run of 1:28:19 to narrowly beat out Great Britain’s Holly Lawrence in a time of 4:56:59. Lawrence crossed just over a minute later, with Germany’s Kristin Moeller finishing in third at 5:02:33.
Ironman 70.3 U.K.
Wimbleball, England – June 16, 2013
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Ritchie Nicholls (GBR) 4:15:04
2. Tim Don (GBR) 4:20:07
3. Fraser Cartmell (SCO) 4:20:30
4. Will Clarke (GBR) 4:25:51
5. Uwe Widmann (GBR) 4:35:28
1. Eimar Mullan (GBR) 4:56:59
2. Holly Lawrence (GBR) 4:58:01
3. Kristin Moeller (GER) 5:02:33
4. Amy Forshaw (GBR) 5:12:38
5. Carol Bridge (GBR) 5:14:55
Our Twitter followers are the first to know about the latest in triathlon news. Follow us now @Triathletemag.