Want to eat like the pros? Inside Triathlon got a sneak peek into the refrigerators of some of the sport’s top athletes. Here are their top 10 must-have items.
World champ Chris “Macca” McCormack:
1. Chilies. I absolutely live on chilies—cannot eat enough of them—the hotter the better.
2. Chocolate. I must admit I am addicted to this stuff, but Cadbury chocolate only.
3. Mineral water. I have to drink water with bubbles.
6. Cheese. I like all soft cheeses and blue cheese, not American cheese.
9. Fresh orange juice
10. Soy milk. I don’t drink this to be trendy, and I am not lactose intolerant. I am just not a big fan of dairy foods and actually prefer soy.
What’s Macca’s favorite?
“Chocolate, and I cannot live without chilies. I just live for the burn. It’s like a mini-competition with myself. Just how much can I eat and how hot can I go? I hunt for the world’s hottest chilies.”