The Czech Republic’s Filip Ospaly and Austria’s Lisa Huetthaler came out on top at today’s Ironman 70.3 Haugesund triathlon in Norway.
Ospaly combined a 21:32 swim, a 2:11:00 bike and a 1:11:10 half marathon to earn the 3:46:10 win. Great Britain’s Richie Nicolls had the fastest run of the day to earn second four minutes later. Former ITU athlete Brad Kahlefeldt (AUS) claimed third.
On the women’s side it was Huetthaler’s 2:22:31 bike split that cemented the win for her. She crossed the finish line in 4:12:11. Scotland’s Catriona Morrison, who has struggled with injury over the past couple of years, had a strong day to finish second. Norway’s Mette Moe rounded out the top three.
Ironman 70.3 Haugesund
Haugesund, Norway – July 7, 2013
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Filip Ospaly (CZE) 3:46:10
2. Richie Nicolls (GBR) 3:50:38
3. Brad Kahlefeldt (AUS) 3:53:42
4. Kyle Buckingham (RSA) 3:58:05
5. Horst Reichel (GER) 3:58:21
1. Lisa Huetthaler (AUT) 4:12:11
2. Catriona Morrison (SCO) 4:15:13
3. Mette Moe (NOR) 4:21:01
4. Michelle Vestery (DEN) 4:22:02
5. Britta Martin (NZL) 4:25:49
Our Twitter followers are the first to know about the latest in triathlon news. Follow us now @Triathletemag.