Race-pace TT Workout
– A best-effort TT taking two hours to complete.
– Do this session no more than three times in the final seven weeks leading into your goal race.
– Ensure that your final TT session is no closer than seven days to your goal event; 10–14 days out will prove optimal for most athletes.
– Pace yourself so your second hour has power that’s 3–5 percent higher than the first hour.
– The session should be strong but not too mentally grueling. Once you are within 14 days of your goal race, conserve mental energy!
For best results, these workouts should be part of a standard training week that contains no more than three key workouts.
Remember to save your best for race day!
Looking for a short-course triathlon to sign up for this year? Check out the TriRock Series. Their eight events feature a fun atmosphere for triathletes of all levels.