On the heels of the vote to include triathlon as the next NCAA Emerging Sport for Women, USA Triathlon has created a new web series for women. See the announcement from USA Triathlon below.
The Women in Sport Webinar Series will take place over the next month and will include six presentations from standout female athletes and coaches, including 2012 Olympian Gwen Jorgensen.
The Women in Sport Webinar Series will cover mental skills, physiology, racing tactics, training and paratriathlon opportunities aimed at female triathletes, with five live webinars scheduled throughout the month of February. The cost is $35 for USA Triathlon members and $45 for non-members. A bonus webinar covering the effects of eating disorders in the sport will be available on-demand. To learn more and register for the series, visit usatriathlon.org/womeninsport.
The full series schedule includes:
- Racing Techniques with Gwen Jorgensen, Feb. 3, 4 p.m. ET (Available in the archives)
- Training Specifics with Lindsay Hyman, Feb. 6, 5 p.m. ET
- Mental Skills Training for the Female Athlete with Dara Wittenberg, Feb. 13, 5 p.m. ET
- Paratriathlon Considerations with Connie Sol, Feb. 20, 5 p.m. ET
- Optimized Performance for the Female Body with Gale Bernhardt, Feb. 27, 5 p.m. ET
- Hidden Dangers in a Growing Sport: Eating Disorders in Triathlon with Ellen Hart, on-demand
Archived webinar recordings will be available one hour after the live event has been completed. Individuals who register for the entire series will receive email reminders for the live and archived webinars when they become available.
In addition to appealing to female triathletes who are inspired by triathlon’s recent inclusion as an NCAA Emerging Sport for Women, the series serves to celebrate the 28th Annual National Girls and Women in Sports Day, set for Feb. 5. Organized by the National Girls and Women in Sport Coalition, the day advocates for education and opportunities for girls and women in sport. More information is available at womenssportsfoundation.org