Dressed to impress with tangy sun-dried tomatoes and creamy feta, these aren’t your average turkey burgers.
20 ounce package 93% lean ground turkey breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, grated
½ cup dry white wine
2/3 cup feta cheese
2/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped*
3 tablespoon ketchup
1 large egg
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
*Look for sun-dried tomatoes packed in the bag without oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the wine and sauté another 8-10 minutes, until the wine has absorbed.
3. Transfer the cooked onions to a large bowl and thoroughly mix with all of the other ingredients, except the ground turkey.
4. Add the ground turkey and gently fold the ingredients into the turkey.
5. Form 4 patties and place on a baking sheet, prepared with foil and non-stick cooking spray.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
Jess Cerra is the owner of Fit Food by Jess, a private chef and catering company in Encinitas, Calif. Jess recently launched Harmony Bar, and all natural gluten-and soy free bar designed to tasted like a soft baked cookie. She is an ex-professional XTERRA triathlete and mountain biker, and current elite amateur road cyclist for the SPY GIANT RIDE p/b MRI Endurance team. Follow Jess’ recipes on her “Fit Food by Jess” Facebook page, as well as the “Harmony Bar” Facebook page. Also on twitter @fitfoodbyjess and @harmonybars.