Try this fresh, updated version to potato salad this summer. Sweet potatoes add more fiber and vitamins to the dish, while the heavy amounts of mayo in traditional potato salad are swapped with a tangy mustard vinaigrette.
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
4 celery stalks, finely diced
¼ large red onion, finely diced
¼ cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
2 heaping tablespoons stone ground mustard
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic or champagne vinegar
2 teaspoon agave or honey
½ teaspoon salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, vinegar, agave or honey, salt and pepper.
2. Toss the red bell pepper, celery and onion in the vinaigrette and let marinate while cooking the sweet potatoes.
3. Place the diced sweet potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down and let cook on a rolling boil for 10-15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are just starting to soften.
4. Drain the excess water from the sweet potatoes and immediately add them to the vinaigrette and veggies.
5. Sprinkle in the parsley and gently toss with the sweet potatoes and vinaigrette until well combined.
6. Serve warm or chilled.