The Timex Ironman One GPS+ will offer stand-alone connectivity without a phone.
Timex today revealed its Timex Ironman One GPS+ smartwatch. The watch promises to allow users to remain connected during any activity while leaving phones and music devices at home thanks to a collaboration with AT&T and Qualcomm. U.S. and Canadian consumers will get one year of data connectivity from AT&T included with the purchase of the watch.
Features of the watch will include:
– Stand-alone wireless connectivity without a phone
– Email-based messaging capabilities
– Tracking capabilities that communicate the user’s location to friends and family
– Custom-built “Find Me Mode” safety solution, which allows users to send an alert with exaction location in case of an emergency
– Water resistance up to 50 meters
– Built-in MPS component with 4 GB of memory for playing music with a Bluetooth headset
– Always-on, sunlight-readable, high-resolution tough display
Learn more here and check back to Triathlete.com in the coming weeks for a complete review.
The Timex Ironman One GPS+ will be available for purchase this fall at Timex.com, Att.com, AT&T stores, sports specialty and electronic stores. Pre-order is now available on Timex.com for $399.95 or $449.95 with a heartrate monitor.